If you’re looking for a holiday home, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together this guide to all things Bondi Beach and everything that goes into choosing your perfect retreat.
How many bedrooms do you need?
You can determine the number of bedrooms you need by asking yourself a few questions.
- How many people are you bringing? If your answer is ‘just me’, then there is no point in buying a house with more than one bedroom because you won’t be able to bring anyone else along. However, if you have multiple children or friends coming over for a weekend away then it’s worth considering buying an extra room so they can sleep in their own bed while they’re here too.
- Is this going to be a long-term rental property? If so then it’s best not to go overboard and buy too much space because this might mean having little room left over when guests come over again next year (or indeed any time after that). This can lead onto problems like having everything stored away under the stairs or even worse: having nowhere nearby where guests can sit down!
Do you want a kitchen?
If you’re looking for a place to cook your own meals, then it’s important to know that most Bondi Beach holiday homes don’t have kitchens. You’ll have to eat out if you want dinner at home.
However, if cooking is something that makes sense for your situation and budget then this isn’t necessarily a deal breaker. There are plenty of restaurants in Bondi Beach that offer good quality food at reasonable prices and they won’t cost much more than $15 per person when shared between two people (or less than $20 if ordered as an appetizer).
Some people prefer not having any distractions while they’re cooking so they can focus on what matters most: their food!
What kind of bathroom situation are you willing to deal with?
What’s the bathroom situation?
It’s likely that your new Bondi Beach holiday home will have a bathroom in each bedroom. If you want a separate shower and bath, then this is not an issue for you. But if you want to make use of both at once, or if there isn’t enough space for two bathrooms, then this may be something to consider.
Is it walk-in shower or bath? Or did a bidet come with the house? Does it have its own toilet? These are just some of the questions that should be answered when picking out your dream Bondi Beach holiday home!
Do you want a pool, or a beach nearby?
If you want a pool, it’s important to know that most of Sydney’s beaches are private and can be expensive. Bondi Beach is a great place to visit in the summer because of its laid-back atmosphere, but if you want something more active or relaxing then head over to Manly or Coogee Beaches instead.
If your kids love splashing around in water then there are plenty of options for them at Bondi Beach – from playgrounds where they can play with their friends (or just have fun running about) right up until lunchtime when they get tired!
For families who prefer swimming pools over sandy beaches, there are some pretty good ones available within walking distance from Bondi Junction station (about 700 metres away). These include:
- Tamarama Beach Pools: This family owned business has been operating since 1964 and offers affordable rates compared with other similar establishments nearby;
- The Beach House Holiday Homes: Located directly across from Tamarama Beach Pools this property offers six self-contained apartments including four one bedroom apartments and two two bedroom layouts;
- The Whitehouse Hotel: This hotel also offers self-contained apartments but these come at slightly higher prices than those found at Tamarama etcetera
Is there a gym or outdoor activities on site?
It’s a good idea to check if there is a gym or outdoor activities on site. If you’re looking for some exercise, then this could be an important feature for you. Most holiday home rentals have pools and tennis courts, but not all of them will have a gym or outdoor activities nearby. Be sure to ask about these before booking!
If there isn’t anything like this at your chosen property, then it might be worth checking out other hotels in the area that do offer them as part of their facilities (or even just walking distance away). You’ll want to find somewhere that has pretty much everything else covered too though – so don’t forget about beaches nearby!
Another thing worth considering is how long it takes from Bondi Beach itself to reach local attractions like the Royal Botanic Gardens or Manly Beach which are both within easy reach by bus or train ride away; both areas provide plenty more activities than just sunbathing among palm trees!
What kind of cooking situation are you willing to deal with?
As you’re deciding on your home, it’s also important to consider what kind of cooking situation you want. You might want a kitchenette (like the one in this picture), where everything is within reach and easy to use; or maybe an open-plan area with plenty of countertop space and a full kitchen that has everything from ovens to stoves. Or maybe none at all! If there’s no room for a full kitchen, try looking into apartments or cottages with smaller kitchens nearby—it’ll be worth it if they have microwaves and mini fridges anyway.
Who can book your apartment and for how long?
The second thing you’ll want to consider is who can book your apartment and for how long. Some apartments don’t allow children, or couples only. Others have minimum stays or maximum limits on the number of guests they’re willing to host.
You also want to make sure that the owner will accept your booking request in a timely manner. If there are any issues with getting permission from them (for example, if they’re away), then this could potentially lead to delays in getting access to your rental home!
Are pets allowed?
If you’re bringing a pet, it’s important to know if they will be allowed.
If pets are allowed, what kind of pet are they allowing? Is it a cat or dog? What does the tenant have to do with the animal? Is there a limit on how many pets can stay in the property at any one time?
It’s also worth checking whether there is an additional charge for your pet(s).
What is the cancellation policy like?
It’s important to know the cancellation policy of your rental before you book. What happens if you need to cancel last minute? How much notice do you need to give before cancelling a booking? Who is responsible for any fees if the booking is cancelled? These are all things that should be covered in the terms and conditions of your contract, so read carefully!
If there’s anything else that might prevent or delay your holiday plans, such as some serious damage caused by a storm, then it may be worth contacting the owner/manager immediately so they can make sure everything is repaired as soon as possible. If this isn’t possible (or if it turns out not to be an issue), don’t worry—they’ll try their best at ensuring that everyone gets what they paid for!
Will your bed be comfortable? Is there air conditioning? Do they have a washer and dryer on location?
If you want to be comfortable on your holiday, make sure that the beds in your Bondi beach home are good quality and have air conditioning. Air conditioning is a must!
In addition to being fully furnished with solid wood furniture and appliances, many Bondi beach homes offer washer and dryer facilities on site or nearby. These are convenient if you’re staying for more than 2-3 days but not so much if you plan on only spending time there overnight or less than 2 nights as they’ll require loading/unloading onto their own machines (and then waiting). You can find out whether these things are available by calling up their management company directly – they will know what’s available at any given time of year etc..
There are lots of things to look for when booking a home away from your own home.
- Location: This is the first thing that you need to consider when booking a home away from your own home. It’s important that you choose somewhere that is close enough so that if anything goes wrong, help can be sent over quickly.
- Amenities: What amenities do they provide? This can include things like swimming pools, tennis courts and fitness centers. If there is no pool or tennis court then it may not be ideal for families with young children who want to play outside all day long!
- Host: Who will be responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly throughout your stay? A good host will take care of any problems immediately while also providing helpful tips on what else might interest guests during their stay (such as local attractions).
And that’s the key takeaway. You want to know that your Bondi beach holiday home will be comfortable, convenient and fun for you—and maybe even a little bit of a culture shock for those who have never been outside Sydney before. The more research you do ahead of time, the better prepared you’ll be when it comes time to book.